Chairing Disciplinary Hearings Workshop, 2 Days
The time will come when you need to discipline or dismiss an employee, be it for conduct or performance. It’s important that the hearing is done properly, otherwise the employee can overturn the outcome at the CCMA or Labour Court. Chairing Disciplinary Hearings Workshop will equip the organisation to ensure substantive and procedural fairness during the hearing is adhered. The format of this Training above will be classroom training at the client’s premises.
The content to be covered during the Training will be as per below:
- Conduct vs Performance
- Examples of various forms of Misconduct and Poor Performance
- Types of Warnings available to the employer
- Labour Relations Act / Codes of Good Practice
- Awareness / communicating the Company Disciplinary Codes to employees
- Classifying transgressions and charging appropriately
- Evidence principles and Admissible vs Inadmissible evidence
- Case Presentation, Cross Examination and Closing Arguments
- Types of evidence: Prima Facie, Circumstantial, Video, Email, Documentary, etc.
- Witness preparation (not cooking up evidence)
- Procedural and substantive fairness in chairing hearings: Consistency, Weighing
Evidence, Probability, Hearing Preparation and Notification to Attend Hearing, Decision Recording, etc.
- Review of past case studies
- Group roleplay on Chairing Disciplinary Hearing
Downaload course outline here