Performance Management Training, SAQA ID: 252034, Level 5, 8 Credits, 2 Days
Performance Management Training in the workplace will help managers and supervisors to manage the performance of their staff so as to improve it to levels that are deemed optimum so as meet the objectives of the organization. The format of this Training above will be classroom training that will incorporate Role-plays, Break-away sessions, Presentations, Demonstrations, Questionnaires, Discussion activities and Case studies.
The content to be covered during the Training will be as per below:
Formulate performance standards for team members in a unit.
- Performance standards to be achieved by team members are formulated in relation to the unit's goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Performance standards are clear and concise and specify the activities to be performed and the standards to which they are to be performed.
- Feedback from team members is incorporated into the performance standards to promote the buy-in of team members in a unit.
- Performance standards are recorded and documented according to the entity's policies and procedures.
Establish systems for monitoring performance.
- A variety of performance monitoring systems are identified and reviewed for possible use in a unit.
- The performance monitoring system selected is in line with the entity's policies and procedures for performance assessment.
- The performance monitoring system is communicated to team members to promote buy-in.
- The system for monitoring performance against standards is set up in accordance with the entity's policy and procedures.
Prepare for a performance review of a team member.
- The arrangements for the performance review are agreed with team member, including the time, place and nature of the review.
- Preliminary assessment of performance against the agreed standards is conducted using monitoring systems.
- Information gathered during the preliminary assessment is documented to be available for future reference.
- Methods for giving constructive feedback are identified that make provision for reporting positive and negative findings.
- Documents to be used during the review are prepared in accordance with the entity's policies and procedures.
Conduct performance review interview.
- The review is conducted in accordance with the arrangements previously agreed with the team member.
- Feedback provided to the team member is relevant and fair and communicated in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Findings on positive and negative aspects of the member's performance are recorded accurately, fairly and honestly for report back and follow-up.
- An action plan to address performance gaps and build on positive performance is agreed upon with the employee.
- Agreed actions are documented and signed by both parties.
Download course outline here