Business Writing Skills Workshop, 2 Days
Business Writing Skills in the workplace will equip employees with the skills to write documents professionally that effectively communicate the message or purposes intended. The format of this Training above will be classroom training at the client’s premises.
The content to be covered during the Training will be as per below:
Use writing skills for specific purposes, audiences and contexts.
- Time management skills are demonstrated in the planning of the text.
- Texts used in the workplace or other environments are identified for specific transactional functions and an indication is given of the purpose of each text.
- The narrative voice appropriate to context, purpose and audience must be chosen.
- Texts produced demonstrate considered choice of content and justification for inclusion of decisions/incidents/requirements.
Access, process, re-organise, and synthesise information in order to present it.
- Ideas and information are gathered, organised and explicitly stated in a text.
- Selection of information in the text is appropriate to purpose, target audience
and workplace context.
- Topic sentences clearly state the main idea of a paragraph and be relevant
to the text as a whole.
- Information and explicit ideas from more than one source are
consolidated into a coherent and
cohesive, synthesised text.
- Techniques used in the presentation are appropriate and effective.
Use appropriate language conventions, textual features and style for specific
- Conventions common to a specific workplace are used appropriately.
- Terminology specific to a particular business function is applied.
- Textual features and style enhance the message and/or purpose.
Draft and edit texts.
- A checklist is created to facilitate reflection, editing and checked for accuracy
and factual correctness of all information.
- Information accessed is checked for accuracy, bias, stereo-typing and other
possibly offensive details or language.
- Texts are edited for coherence of ideas and relevance to the focus.
- Drafts are checked for cohesion and redrafted where necessary.
- Workplace jargon is interpreted and rephrased in plain language or used
appropriately in the correct context when the terminology is essential to the
understanding of the text.
Download course outline hereRequest A Quote