Supervisory Skills, SAQA ID: 242821, Level 4, 6 Credits, 2Days
Any teamleader and/or supervisor can instruct team members to perform duties as per their functions but the challenge is how to ensure that these instructions are done so as to have a productive organisation. The format of this Training above will be classroom training at the client’s premises.
The content to be covered during the Training will be as per below:
Explain the role of a team leader in an organisation.
- The role of a team leader in an organisation is explained with reference to their
- The responsibilities of a team leader are explained within the context of a work
- The concepts of authority, responsibility and accountability are explained with
reference to the team leader’s own position in an organisation.
- The organising of workers in teams is explained in terms of recognised theory and practice.
Explain the purpose of the team.
- The concept of a team is explained
according to accepted theory and practice.
- The purpose of the team is explained to the team members according to
- The role and expected outputs of each member of the team are identified in
relation to the purpose.
Contract with the team members to obtain commitment to achieve organisational
- Tasks, performance plans, targets and standards are discussed and agreed
according to organisational requirements.
- Time allocations for achieving individual and team objectives are agreed
through a process of consultation.
Implement, monitor and evaluate performance against team objectives and
- Agreed plans are implemented according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Potential difficulties in achieving the plan are anticipated through reflection and
- Team outputs are monitored against agreed targets and time allocations.
- Variances to required outputs are identified and corrective action is taken where
Download course outline hereRequest A Quote