Supervisory Skills Training, SAQA ID: 242821, Level 4, 6 Credits, 2Days
Any teamleader and or supervisor can instruct team members to perform duties as per their functions but the challenge is how to ensure that these instructions are done so as to have a productive organisation. The format of this Training above will be classroom training at the client’s premises.
The content to be covered during the Training will be as per below:
Explain the role of a team leader in an organisation.
- The role of a team leader in an organisation is explained with reference to their
- The responsibilities of a team leader are explained within the context of a work
- The concepts of authority, responsibility and accountability are explained with
reference to the team leader’s own position in an organisation.
- The organising of workers in teams is explained in terms of recognised theory and practice.
Explain the purpose of the team.
- The concept of a team is explained
according to accepted theory and practice.
- The purpose of the team is explained to the team members according to
- The role and expected outputs of each member of the team are identified in
relation to the purpose.
Contract with the team members to obtain commitment to achieve organisational
- Tasks, performance plans, targets and standards are discussed and agreed
according to organisational requirements.
- Time allocations for achieving individual and team objectives are agreed
through a process of consultation.
Implement, monitor and evaluate performance against team objectives and
- Agreed plans are implemented according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Potential difficulties in achieving the plan are anticipated through reflection and
- Team outputs are monitored against agreed targets and time allocations.
- Variances to required outputs are identified and corrective action is taken where
Download course outline here