GETC Business Practice Qualification, SAQA ID: 61755, Level 1, 121 Credits, 24 Contact Days over 12 Months
The General Education and Training Certificate in Business Practice: Level 3 is for utilisation by all members of the population. Anyone preparing to become employed, or self-employed, in any business whatsoever would be the persons most likely to be attracted to this qualification. In fact many newly (or not-so-newly) appointed personnel, or struggling entrepreneurs, could benefit from part or all of this qualification. It seeks to embed the six key literacies required by business organisations: Numeracy, Literacy, Entrepreneurial, Financial, Technological and Cognitive. The GETC: Business Practice integrates the literacies into one qualification while also allowing each to be addressed separately in short courses and skills programmes, based on the constituent unit standards. Furthermore, this Certificate allows a seamless movement into the New Venture Creation learning way, thus providing bridging between South Africa’s First and second Economies.
On completion of this Qualification, learners will be able to:
- Use fundamental skills in a business environment.
- Make appropriate use of Information and Communications Technology in an office setting.
- Incorporate a range of life skills in an employment or self-employment situation.
Compulsory Modules to be covered excluding Fundamentals & Electives:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a general business plan and adapt it to a selected business idea
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial qualities
- Develop and use keyboard skills to enter text
- Identify and discuss different types of business and their legal implications
- Identify, analyse and select business opportunities
- Manage personal finances
- Managing files in a Graphical User Interface (GUI) environment
- Operate a personal computer system
- Plan to manage one`s time
- Understand the impact of customer service on a business
- Use generic functions in a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-environment
Download course outline here