NC: Generic Management Qualification, SAQA ID: 59201, Level 5, 162 Credits , 24 Contact Days over 12 Months
The National Certificate: Generic Management, NQF Level 5 forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It is specifically designed to develop management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers. The qualification builds on the FETC: Generic Management and further develops the key concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to lead, manage, organise and control first line managers and team leaders. The learners will typically be managers who have other junior managers or team leaders reporting to them. In smaller organisations or entities, the managers could primarily be responsible for managing the supervisors and staff within their section, division or business unit.
On completion of this Qualification, learners will be able to:
- Make the transition from an operational into a managerial role.
- Develop a wider perspective on management and business.
- Become better informed about management thinking.
- Understand the politics and social dynamics of organisations.
- Challenge the status quo in constructive ways.
- Differentiate between good and bad managerial practice.
Compulsory Modules to be covered excluding Fundamentals & Electives:
- Apply the principles of knowledge management
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Create and manage an environment that promotes innovation
- Develop, implement and evaluate an operational plan
- Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships
- Formulate recommendations for a change process
- Lead people development and talent management
- Manage a diverse work force to add value
- Monitor and evaluate team members against performance standards
- Monitor, assess and manage risk
Download course outline here