FETC: New Venture Creation Qualification, SAQA ID: 66249, Level 4, 149 Credits , 24 Contact Days over 12 Months
The purpose of the Further Education and Training Certificate: New Venture Creation Qualification is to develop the appropriate skills and knowledge required by a person for the establishment and development of a small to medium business venture, and address the economic, administrative and behavioural (psycho-social) barriers that contribute to success in starting and sustaining the venture. This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
On completion of this Qualification, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
Compulsory Modules to be covered excluding Fundamentals & Electives:
- Apply innovative thinking to the development of a small business
- Apply the principles of costing and pricing to a business venture
- Demonstrate an understanding of an entrepreneurial profile
- Demonstrate an understanding of the function of the market mechanisms in a new venture
- Explain and apply the concept, principles and theories of motivation in a leadership context
- Finance a new venture
- Implement an action plan for a new venture
- Manage finances of a new venture
- Manage general administration
- Negotiate an agreement or deal in an authentic work situation
- Plan and manage production/operations in a new venture
- Plan strategically to improve new venture performance
- Produce business plans for a new venture
- Research the viability of new venture ideas/opportunities
- Implement and manage human resource and labour relations policies and acts
Download course outline here